dr. Alessandro Corbetta
I am a University Researcher and NWO-VENI fellow at the Department of Applied Physics at Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands, working with prof. Federico Toschi.
My research focuses on the physics of pedestrian crowds. I measure and model the statistic and fluid-dynamics properties of crowds, via ad hoc automatic, 24/7, pedestrian tracking in real-life (Crowdflow research group).
I have extensive experience in high-reliability/high-performance software with scientific and data analytics purposes. Resume and IT.
- 11/18 - Applications for the 7th Workshop on Collaborative Scientific Software Development are now open! (29 Apr. - 10 May 19, ICTP, Trieste). Directors: A. Corbetta, I. Girotto, D. Grellscheid.
- 12/18 - Starting from 1st of January 2019, I will be appointed Researcher (Onderzoeker) at the Department of Applied Physics of TUe.
- Our paper "StampNet: unsupervised multi-class object discovery" (Visser, Corbetta, Menkovski, Toschi) has been accepted for oral presentation at ICIP 2019 (IEEE International Conference on Image Processing)
- Our paper "New approaches to evacuation modelling for fire safety engineering applications" (Ronchi, Corbetta, Galea, Kinateder, Kuligowski, McGrath, Pel, Shiban, Thompson, Toschi) emerged from our panelist discussion at 12th International Symposium on Fire Safety Science has been accepted for publication on Fire Safety Journal
- Collective Dynamics.
02/19 - I happily joined the editorial team of
- New preprint: " StampNet: unsupervised multi-class object discovery" (Visser, Corbetta, Menkovski, Toschi) is available on ArXiv.
- covered by CNN!
01/19 - The paper "Physics-based modeling and data representation of pairwise interactions among pedestrians" has been
- The calendar for the TUe "Machine Learning for Science" seminar cycle is online.
- is receiving press coverage!
12/18 - Our paper "Physics-based modeling and data representation of pairwise interactions among pedestrians"
- Our paper "Physics-based modeling and data representation of pairwise interactions among pedestrians" has been published on Phys. Rev. E.
- The special issue "Empirical Research on Pedestrians’ Behavior and Crowd Dynamics" on the Journal of Advanced Transportation is open for submissions! (editors: M. Haghani, N. Bode, M. Boltes, A. Corbetta, E. Cristiani).
- New poster "Forecasting visitors behaviour' in crowded museums - a case study: the Galleria Borghese in Rome" available on ResearchGate.
- New preprint "Physics-based modeling and data representation of pedestrian pairwise interactions" (Corbetta, Meeusen, Lee, Benzi, Toschi) available on ArXiv and ResearchGate.
- Subscriptions for the Lorentz Center Workshop "Physics and Psychology of Human Crowd Dynamics" (5-9 Nov. 18) are now open! Organizers: A. Corbetta, J. Drury, E. Ronchi, A. Seyfried, F. Toschi.
- NWO-Veni personal grant (2018 - project title: "Understanding and controlling the flow of human crowds").
07/18 - I have been awarded a
+31 40-247 2544
Technische Universiteit Eindhoven P.O. Box 513 5600 MB EINDHOVEN
Articles, posters and presentations.
Openings for master theses (final projects) in pedestrian dynamics