I am a University Researcher and NWO-VENI fellow at the Department of Applied Physics at Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands, working with prof. Federico Toschi.
My research focuses on the physics of pedestrian crowds. I measure and model the statistic and fluid-dynamics properties of crowds, via ad hoc automatic, 24/7, pedestrian tracking in real-life (Crowdflow research group).
I have extensive experience in high-reliability/high-performance software with scientific and data analytics purposes. Resume and IT.
- 11/18 - Applications for the 7th Workshop on Collaborative Scientific Software Development are now open! (29 Apr. - 10 May 19, ICTP, Trieste). Directors: A. Corbetta, I. Girotto, D. Grellscheid.
- 12/18 - Starting from 1st of January 2019, I will be appointed Researcher (Onderzoeker) at the Department of Applied Physics of TUe.
- covered by CNN!
01/19 - The paper "Physics-based modeling and data representation of pairwise interactions among pedestrians" has been
- The calendar for the TUe "Machine Learning for Science" seminar cycle is online.
- is receiving press coverage!
12/18 - Our paper "Physics-based modeling and data representation of pairwise interactions among pedestrians"
- Our paper "Physics-based modeling and data representation of pairwise interactions among pedestrians" has been published on Phys. Rev. E.
- The special issue "Empirical Research on Pedestrians’ Behavior and Crowd Dynamics" on the Journal of Advanced Transportation is open for submissions! (editors: M. Haghani, N. Bode, M. Boltes, A. Corbetta, E. Cristiani).
- New poster "Forecasting visitors behaviour' in crowded museums - a case study: the Galleria Borghese in Rome" available on ResearchGate.
- New preprint "Physics-based modeling and data representation of pedestrian pairwise interactions" (Corbetta, Meeusen, Lee, Benzi, Toschi) available on ArXiv and ResearchGate.
- Subscriptions for the Lorentz Center Workshop "Physics and Psychology of Human Crowd Dynamics" (5-9 Nov. 18) are now open! Organizers: A. Corbetta, J. Drury, E. Ronchi, A. Seyfried, F. Toschi.
- NWO-Veni personal grant (2018 - project title: "Understanding and controlling the flow of human crowds").
07/18 - I have been awarded a
+31 40-247 2544
Technische Universiteit Eindhoven P.O. Box 513 5600 MB EINDHOVEN
Articles, posters and presentations.
Openings for master theses (final projects) in pedestrian dynamics